How to choose the best school for your children?
There are many challenges that concern many parents about choosing the best school for their children, which pave their paths for a brilliant and successful future; however, there is no need to worry. By setting the vital criteria and requirements you need. And while reading this article, we will help you make the best decision and choose the school that gives you the best options.
Factors to be considered while choosing the best school for your children
In order to facilitate your mission of choosing the best school for your children, it is important to realize the effective role of the school in shaping their lives and the significant impact on their future. School is the first society where your children deal with other communities outside their home. In addition, it is their first source of knowledge, education, social and life experience at the same time. Therefore, it has a fundamental impact in shaping their personality, and implanting the main concepts of their social interaction, and shaping the concepts of their life experiences. Here are a set of vital factors to be considered while choosing the most suitable school for your children.
What your children study at school and throughout their progression in different levels of study, has a fundamental impact and a significant difference in the formation of their mentality, their educational and cultural level through which they will go out to the world and join the labor market. Educational curriculums vary from a school to another. But there are two of the most common authorized educational curricula in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The British and American curricula.
What is the difference between the American and British curricula?
Schools that follow the American educational system are distinguished by providing a number of tests, training courses, and study materials that would help students enroll at universities in the United States of America.
- Flexibility and cultural diversity.
- Reliance on creative activities.
- Evaluations depend on: activities, projects, class participation, tests, and observation.
- The cumulative total of grades: 10, 11, 12 represents 40% of the total
- The SAT test represents 60% of the cumulative grade.
- The educational books are produced by magnificent international publishing houses, such as Pearson, Harcourt, etc.
British or American system of education is the most suitable?
British curricula (IGCSE)
- Depends on classical teaching methods, where information is deepened and focused
▸ When students complete the three stages, they get an A grade.
- Enables students to apply to any British university.
The learning process under this system depends on a deeper level of scientific subjects, training on problem-solving skills, and asking questions.
- The standard tests for students start from the sixth grade, and all questions are limited to the curriculum being taught, and the total grade obtained by the student depends on his performance in the final tests only.
- It is the choice of a lot of parents who want to enroll their children at British universities in the future.
- Quality of education
The quality of education is one of the most important criteria to achieve the desired choice among many other educational institutions. When talking about the quality of education, it means to achieve the optimal standards in various aspects of the educational process including:
- The quality of the curricula and courses.
- The quality of the infrastructure.
- The efficiency of the educational and administrative cadres.
- Optimal management of human and financial resources.
- constant improvement.
- Academic achievement results
The group of teachers who are in charge of the teaching process, and their competence and qualifications to deliver the scientific material at the best level, and in a flexible efficient manner that resonates with the individual differences that distinguish a student from another.
The school location
The location of the school is one of the most important criteria when it comes to choosing the most suitable school for children. The more several branches in different geographical areas the school offer, the more availability for parents to choose the nearest branch for them so that they can save time and effort. This factor also contributes to the safety element for children and their parents as well.
The fees of the educational institutions vary from one to another according to their educational stages, and the extent to which they provide educational services, and quality. However, the more the educational institution is able to provide the best standards of educational quality with the best equipment, the more it is the desired worthy educational institution. The availability of providing payment premiums is an additional advantage that allows parents flexibility and facilitation to pay.
On the personal educational side, there are several factors that should be taken into consideration:
Early well-established education offers better opportunities for a brilliant future
Many parents realize the importance of establishing good educational and cognitive pillars for their child from the early stages of education. Other than the benefits of this on a personal level, the child gains a greater confidence in himself, his personality, his mentality, and his knowledgeable and cultural level. This allows the child to better open up educational and professional prospects and opportunities in the future.
Establishing leadership skills
When the educational institution provides creative activities, it helps children engage in a social environment and assume some commensurate responsibilities according to their age, and allows them to stimulate their planning and problem-solving skills. This entrenches the key factors for building a reliable leadership figure in the future.
When it comes to international schools in Saudi Arabia, Rowad Al-Khaleej international schools are at the forefront.
Why are Rowad AlKhaleej international Schools among the best in Saudi Arabia?
- Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools use the best American international curriculum and are affiliated with internationally accredited and specialized educational institutions (Pearson)
- RAIS has branches in major cities in Saudi Arabia: Riyadh, Jeddah, and Dammam.
- RAIS offers a specialized section for primary grades up to grade 3, known as the “Braaem Rowad Al-Khaleej Kindergarten”
- Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools provide an effective educational environment for children at all educational levels.
- Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools accredit specialized educational staff to suit each major. Mathematics, science, and English are taught by an accredited teaching staff of teachers whose native language is English.
- Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools provide an environment of multinational students and teachers. This allows children to develop their social skills in different teamwork environments.
- Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools provide curricula that meet international standards, and the highest quality of the educational programs. In addition to providing state-of-the-art equipment, human and educational resources, educational facilities, sports facilities, and recreational facilities.
- Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools offer Saudi bus supervisors on school trips. This provides a safe environment for children since the beginning of the day and till they get back home.
Skyward portal is your easy way to monitor your children at Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools:
We exert our best efforts to provide all aspects of a suitable and effective learning environment for our students at all educational levels. We are concerned with providing a safe educational environment that allows parents to monitor their children at school, and to keep track of their progress and academic performance. Hence, Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools offer skyward service through which parents can:
- Follow-up on the child’s grades through the child’s grades report
- Monitor the child’s commitment at school
- Follow-up on the child’s absence at school and add requests for absence.
- Communicate with teachers through the Message Centre
- Make appointments at the Parents and Teachers Conference
- See teachers’ weekly plans in all subjects taught for the child
- Follow-up on the child’s academic level throughout previous years to assess the extent of his or her progress.
- Follow-up on school circulars from the message Centre.
It just requires you to access the portal from your phone, laptop or tablet, and enter your username and PIN. This feature among other advantages makes Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools among the best international schools in Riyadh, Jeddah, and Dammam.
Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools also offer FranklinCovey’s program “Leader in Me”. It is one of the most efficient and practical educational solutions, that help children develop leadership skills based on a solid scientific source, the book “The Seven Habits of the Most Effective People”.
A parent’s feedback: My experience with Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools
Installment plan at Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools
Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools offer flexible payment plans to suit all ways. You can pay for each semester, or pay for the whole year. It also offers an interest-free installment plan “0%,” with a number of banks including: “Riyadh – Samba – Arab African Bank – Saudi French Bank – Saudi Investment Bank – SABB). In addition, a 10% discount system is available for brothers and sisters upon registration.
Fares is a student from Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools in the third grade of secondary school in Dammam branch. He was honored for receiving the highest SAT score throughout the kingdom’s history and enrolling at Harvard University.
- 13 students from Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools are admitted to Misk University Preparation Program.
- Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools won 17th place in the Kangaroo math Competition among more than 2,000 participating schools from all over the Kingdom.
- Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools won the eighth place in the National Science Capabilities Competition, among the top 10 schools in Saudi Arabia.
Preventive measures and precautions that will be implemented in Rowad AlKhaleej International Schools for the next academic year
To implement and keep pace with the initiative of “Life goes on“, which was issued by the GCC Health Council, we are committed to taking the best prevention measures and precautionary within our schools. In order to ensure the best preparation of the study and educational environment for students, which ensures that they can continue their activities and school life in safety. The following are some of the procedures that will be applied:
- Applying the 50% attendance system in the classroom
- Sterilizing schools and classes and installing portals for sterilization
- Install thermal cameras inside schools to measure the temperature of children
- The presence of a medical supervisor inside each school
- There are posters for awareness and social distancing inside the school
- Bus sterilization
- Relying on the online learning and virtual classes, which will be an essential part of the educational process, and our success last year supports us in applying this method, as our students have acquired the necessary skills to benefit from it.
Registration Steps for Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools
- you can apply for Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools through the online registration option by clicking on the button “Register Now” at the end of the page.
- Enter your e-mail address.
- You will receive a confirmation email message containing a link once you click it, you will be redirected to the website.
- Create an account on the site and fill in the registration form
- After registration, you can track the status of the form by logging into your account. After receiving school admission notices, parents will be informed of the information required to complete the registration process in Rowad Al-Khaleej International Schools.
Based on our belief in the importance of the role of educational institutions in the lives of students of all ages, and in the lives of the families and society as a whole. We strive to improve our educational method, and keep pace with the international standards; so that we can pave all avenues for our sons and daughters to continue their paths towards a successful, superior and distinguished educational and professional life.